Thursday, April 25, 2013

On Being a Woman


After Graduation

Time flew so fast that it seems like my first day in the university was only yesterday. I loved high school but I loved college even more. Maybe it was the new surroundings. Right after high school graduation I was sent to Davao (against my will)  to take an examination in Ateneo De Davao University. On my birthday, April 25, 2009, I got a Notice of Acceptance which means I got in. I considered that a gift. I adjusted for a few months and adapted for the next three years. I graduated last March 23 2013, decided to work in Davao but now sent back to Cavite where my family resides. I had to be separated with my boyfriend but I considered that a challenge.

Back in Cavite

After almost 17 years in school, I thought of splurging on travel and vacation. However, that was just a thought and there's no money to splurge (wish ko lang). I was a bum but it was very relaxing to stay at home, not think of deadlines or exams, eat, sleep all I want and go out with friends. It was fun but it wasn't satisfying maybe it was the lack of allowance. But it may also be the temporary pause in the process of learning.

I don't get why a lot of people remain unemployed for several months when a lot of opportunities are laid before them. When I surf the internet or watch television, I often see hiring advertisements (hindi pa ako nagbabasa ng dyaryo niyan ah).  To obtain a job is a choice and that is why pamudmud kung pamudmud ng resume. I sent my CV to different companies online and received calls for interview; I attended some of them.

Much to my surprise, I received a call yesterday (April 25, 2013) asking me to start reporting on Monday. What an exquisite surprise. After 1 month and 1 day from the date of my graduation, I earned myself a job. Another wonderful gift for my birthday. This weekend should be party-ful, if such word exists. Haha!

First Job

What to expect? I don't know, really. But I felt the need to make an impression, a good kind of impression. It may not always be true because it's subjective but it lasts. I kept reminding myself that I need to start learning how to wake up early. I need to be punctual and I need to stop acting like a child. Acting like a professional is a big challenge for me but I had to overthrow childishness if I want to be respected by my workmates. 

It's important to establish a good image because it'll give you a good reputation. I don't want to be known and treated as the 'bunsoy' just because I'm the youngest. Credits to my Practicum professor, Sir Rikki Enriquez. Now I'm blabbing. I'm excited to work but slightly saddened to leave my stress-free life however I must bid farewell.

Goodbye teenage life, goodbye vacation.
Hello womanhood, hello workmates! :)

<3
Paulina



0 comments :

Post a Comment