Thursday, November 29, 2012

Java Jive: Home Is Where The Heart Is


I am really fond of being with my friends yet I know the importance of spending time with your family, making small conversations and just eating meals together. As we grow older, it may not mean much to us but it may mean everything to our parents.

Okay, enough drama. This post is supposed to give you a light mood and keen interest on family bonding and I think I'm not doing it the way it's supposed to be done.

Take two. This one's rhetorical. What do you usually remember when you encounter the word coffee shop?

I usually define coffee shops as a place with good ambiance where I can hangout with friends or a place where I can sip a good cup of coffee, stay up all night, surf the net and study.


However, after Java Jive opened it's doors to us Dabawenyos last November 10, 2012 at 1.18 Centron Building, Quirino Avenue, Davao City, I think I may have my perspective revised.

I'm being very subjective, eh? So, here's a few facts from the event. It's opening is graced by none other than, Davao City's Vice Mayor, Rodrigo Duterte. Moreover, fellow Davao Bloggers were also invited to the Jive with them and be the first to be welcomed in a different kind of "home."



All photos are mine except the two above
(c) Redpin


This "home" I am referring to is quite literal. First, it is an avenue for local bands to showcase their talents. All of the jammers are from Davao, some of them are a family band and their forte are Filipino originals. I'm loving the OPM vibe of the cafe. Love your own music and it'll definitely feel like home. 

Second, it is the foundation of some of the students they send to school. Please remember that you can be a star by purchasing a hideously expensive coffee at some cafes but here you can be a star by helping send a kid to school for every purchase you make. This social responsibility should really be brought up in every single home.

Lastly, the place is also a venue for bringing relationships closer. In fact, every Saturday is devoted for family day. These are the reasons I can validate when asked what is its edge from other coffee shops.




Indeed, the place has a very passionate concept for food, family, music and for what's truly Pinoy. On a separate blogger's event (November 18, 2012), I get to interview the man behind all of this.

I also get to know the regular schedule directly from him and I'd definitely be glad to share it with you:
Regular Days

Tuesday - Java Retro
Wednesday - Jammer's Night
Thursday - Java Jive Specials
Friday - Dedicated to thaking Juris (brand  ambassadress)
Saturday - Java Jive Live
Sunday - Java Jazz and Originals
There's a different category each day and I know everyone would enjoy each and every variation. Let's veer away from the notion that when there's a band, inuman na kaagad yan. I am supporting Java Jive in raising the standard of Original Pinoy Music.
 
 \

 

1 & 2) There's a lot of goodies in store for you. I hope you get a chance to visit the place. Please try their tuna crust, it's my favorite; 3) Their frappes are very affordable and it's delicious; 4) Lastly, please meet Engr. Jarius F. Rosello. He's the CEO of Java Jive Inc. I know ladies. He'a a young entrepreneur at the age of 24. Moreover, he's the mastermind of this very "homey" place. The passionate heart of this young man for music and for family gave rise to a new "home" for the Dabawenyos, the Java Jive.


Aside from this wonderful and mouth watering surprise inside the box (the very first photo of this post) , we did enjoy the whole event of Java Jive especially the photo booth! Thanks Java Jive :)



Like/Follow Java Jive on:

Facebook
Twitter


Good night dear readers,
TFS, Pau <3

0 comments :

Post a Comment