Thursday, February 28, 2013

Dimsum Diner: Late Dinner

Dimsum Diner is a bipolar restaurant. Haha. Kidding! It's obviously a Chinese restaurant but it has this very confusing yet interesting theme. First, the interior is very oriental  but at the same time it has modern western touches. Second, it is a semi-fast food and semi-formal dining restaurant. This makes them very flexible in terms of their target market. 

They specialize in dim sum, rice toppings, congee, noodles and short orders. Their operating branches are all over Mindanao (Davao City, Digos, GenSan, Panabo and CDO) but I hope it can try its luck here in Metro Manila.

This particular branch that we visited is in Matina, Davao City. They operate 24/7 which makes it easier for people who stay up late without having dinner.

Watermelon Shake Php 50
I didn't really expect to get a fresh watermelon shake for the fifty pesos price. I was surprised when a long glass came by our table and when we both tasted it, it was divine! It's genuinely made from real watermelon fruit and the proportion of whatever ingredient the combined was just perfect. I highly recommend that you try this  and their other shakes. While others claim that they serve fresh fruit shake hence the extremely expensive price, Dimsum Diner humbly offers it for a much affordable rate.

Meatballs  Congee Php 44
I haven't really tasted my partner's order but it really looks pleasant and appetizing. I appreciate that I can easily access porridge if I wanted to.
Steamed Pork Rice Toppings Php 83
The rice and pork person in me urged me to try their 'Steam Pork Rice Toppings' and look! The serving is very satisfactory though there's something about its taste that I do not like. Liver like? My boyfriend said that it was delicious, maybe I just don't appreciate some ingredient that was mixed into its sauce. I'm looking forward to trying the other rice toppings they offer and maybe some of their breakfast meals if I have the time.

Siomai Supreme Php 60
A 4-piece siomai for sixty pesos may be a little expensive but it's just right because it's one of their house specialties. It's something you cannot miss to try in any Chinese restaurant especially here in Dimsum Diner.

Taste - 4/5
Ambiance - 3/5
Service - 3/5
Price - 5/5
Overall Value - 3.75/5

Dimsum Diner, Matina Branch 
Unit A Mc. Arthur Hi-way, Davao City 
(082)298-1111 

0 comments :

Post a Comment